- My manuscript editing rates are charged per hour. The nature of project and level of edits needed determine how many hours are needed. For example, a developmental edit will cost more than a critique because more time is involved.
- I also offer what I like to call Introductory Edits. These are standard editing packages offered at flat rates. See below for details.
- Do you need it in a rush? I offer rush options on some services for an extra fee.
- I am happy to offer referral discounts and repeat client discounts!
- Twenty-five percent of our agreed upon rate is due before I begin editing. The balance is due when I return your manuscript.
- My preferred payment method is PayPal. If this is not an option for you, we can discuss other possibilities.
For a manuscript editing rate quote, or to discuss a project, please email me [email@example.com] or use the contact form on the Manuscript Editing page. Together we can make your story shine.
If you want to know if your manuscript is on the right track…
If you have a great story idea but got stuck somewhere along the way…
If you want to know if your agent submission package is up to snuff…
Introductory Edits are for you! There are three options to consider:
- Agent Query Critique + First Chapter — $40.00
- Agent Query + Synopsis (up to 10 pages) — $25.00
- First Three Chapters (up to 45 pages) — $75.00
These Introductory Edits are for high-level content edits. They do not include proofreading for grammar or punctuation.
- All services are available for multiple lengths of fiction. I work with short stories, novellas and full-length novels.
- Do you need a hybrid of the above services? Do you have multiple projects in the works? We can create a custom rate or package for your project.
- I work across all genres, including fiction and narrative nonfiction. My specialties include historical fiction, women’s fiction, young adult and memoir.
- I am happy to review the first 2000 words (four to five pages) of your piece (free of charge) to help you determine what level of work will be involved.
- I use Microsoft Word using the Track Changes feature.
- I am the only person who will see your work, and all correspondence is kept confidential.